We are in the middle of summer and it’s getting hotter every day now in Sanford. Here are my top 10 things to do in Sanford this summer (in no particular order!).
Feel free to add to the list and share your tips for staying cool in Sanford and area!
- Visit one of the Splash Pads (Central Florida’s largest splash pad at Fort Mellon Park or the tropical splash ground inside the Central FL Zoo)
- Browse through Flea World (America’s largest flea market and it’s ACed!!)
- Enjoy Sunday brunch at Capatin’s Cove 11am-2pm (and dive into the pool!)
- Visit one of the top 4 ice cream places in the Sanford area
- Swim some laps at the Larry Dale Aquatic Center in Sanford (Olympic size pool!)
- Have a cool beer at the Willow Tree Cafe or Kat O’Briens (former location of Two Blondes and a Shrimp) on First Street in Downtown Sanford or if you are a wine drinker at the Sanford Wine Company or Ellen’s Wine Room.
- Have a blast while staying cool at Kidtropolis or Bounce You in Sanford
- Watch awesome short films in a cool setting. Attend the Summer 2011 Rewind of the Love Your Shorts Festival at Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center on Friday, August 26, 2011 at 8pm.
- Visit one of Sanford’s Museums or Art Galleries
Sanford Museum – 520 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 688-5198
Seminole County Museum – 300 Bush Boulevard, Sanford – (407) 665-2489
Student Museum – 301 West 7th Street, Sanford – (407) 320-0520
Gallery on First – 211 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 323-2774
Art Affair Gallery – 303 E 1st St, Sanford – (407) 466-6365
Jeanine Taylor Folk Art – 211 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 323-2774
- Have a romantic dinner cruise on the Rivership Romance
Rivership Romance Groupon Special on 8/9/11 and 8/10/11:
Bonus Events: Alive After Five Street Party (from 5pm to 8pm on First Street in Downtown Sanford, perfect time so it’s not too hot!)
- August 11, 2011: Tropical Nights
- September 8, 2011: Hometown Motown
From the Sanford Historic Welcome Center:
Come relax and celebrate Florida’s hot summer nights in island style at Historic Downtown Sanford! From 5-8pm, explore the various wares of local vendors and artists as you enjoy all the different tastes of Sanford as well as live entertainment. Free parking, tickets available upon arrival, only $7 per person! For further questions contact The Historic Sanford Welcome Center at 407.302.2586, or visit us at 230 E. 1st Street in Downtown Sanford.