Only two more weeks until Valentine’s Day and you might wonder what you could do this year to surprise your sweetheart. If you live in the Sanford FL area, here are some of the most romantic spots and things to do in Sanford for Valentine’s Day.
Things to do for Valentines Day in Sanford FL
Yes, not the most creative, but going to the movies still ranks high among love birds. In the Sanford area you might want to choose either Amstar 12 Lake Mary or UA 10 at the Seminole Town Center. You might want to turn the date into a movie and dinner date so below follows a list of romantic restaurants in Sanford. Two movies that couldn’t be more different that are opening this year on Valentine’s Day are “A Good Day to Die Hard” and “Safe Haven”. Now who gets to choose 😉
- Amstar 12 at Colonial Town Park Lake Mary, 950 Colonial Grand Ln, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- UA 10 Sanford at Seminole Town Center, 430 Towne Center Cir Sanford, FL 32771
Another idea is taking your sweet Valentine to an art event, the theatre or to a music concert (of course, just as above, there’s always the optional romantic dinner or lunch for two to add to the date).
- How about a visit at one of Sanford’s many Art Galleries? Just walk down First Street Downtown and you will stumble upon a lot of beautiful and local art!
- It might not happen exactly on Valentine’s Day, but the Love your Shorts Film Festival will take place from February 15th-17th. Love Your Shorts always takes place around Valentine’s Day in Sanford (hence the “Love”…).
Below is a list of three romantic restaurants and a dessert place suggestion in downtown Sanford. Of course, there are many more so if you would like to add to the list, feel free to do so in the comments area below!
La Sirena Gorda Cabana: I am not sure how the weather will be on Valentine’s Day but if it’s anything like the last weeks, the garden of this new quaint and very romantic restaurant is ideal for a candlelight dinner.
The Breezeway: Another romantic outdoor dining spot in downtown Sanford, we just love the covered courtyard!
Marco Dino’s: Cute little Italian restaurant with great food right on Magnolia Square.
After dinner, pick up some cupcakes at The Sweet Spot Bakery on Park Avenue for a delightful dessert!
Low budget? No problem. Sanford has three great locations for a romantic afternoon or evening stroll or a picnic:
- Sanford Riverwalk: What could be more romantic than a walk along beautiful Lake Monroe? After that sit on one of the swings and simply enjoy the view…
- Centennial Park in Sanford: Another romantic spot is the Centennial Park on Park Avenue. Sit down in the pavilion and just enjoy being with your loved one. After that you can stroll through the streets of the historic Sanford and spend some time in the city’s past…
- Fort Mellon Park: How about a picnic in the park? Just bring a blanket, your favorite drink and food and sit down on the lawn with beautiful views of Lake Monroe.
- Alive After Five: This month’s theme may not be Valentine’s Day but Pardi Gras wil certainly be a fun way to kick off your evening! Come down to First Street in Sanford Downtown at 5pm to enjoy music, food samples and drinks and then take your valentine out for dinner or drinks right there! As you know, there are plenty of options 😉
- Visit the Planetarium at Seminole State College in Sanford. There will be a Valentine’s Day special on Thursday, February 14th, titled “Heavenly Love – Love Stories of the Night Sky” from 8-9pm. Enjoy three romantic stories taken from the vast tapestry of the night sky. Discover the Korean myth about the stars Vega and Altair and their separation on either side of the Milky Way river. Experience the romance between Orion the Hunter and Artemis, the goddess of the moon, and discover how this love story tragically ends. Finally, enjoy the classic Native American tale of Algon the Hunter and the lost star maidens of the Pleiades. The event will also take place on February 15th and 16th in case you can’t make it on Valentine’s Day. For more info please contact Derek Demeter at 407.708.2409 or click here.
- Thanks to our reader Dorothy for this creative idea: Take your sweetheart sailing at U-Sail of Central Florida. Spend some romantic hours out on Lake Monroe!
And don’t forget to surprise your love with a beautiful flower bouquet. Check out the special Valentine’s Day flowers of the Seminole Flower shop in Sanford here.
Now Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!! We will take N to the playground at Ft. Mellon Park (that’s his Valentine’s Day treat), then head over to Alive After Five and after that get a dessert at the Sweet Spot Bakery in case you were wondering 😉
[hana-code-insert name=’blog-hop-1′ /]