We are in the middle of summer and it’s getting hotter every day now in here Sanford. Are you looking to cool off and/or just have some fun? Here is my list of the Top 11 Things to do in Sanford in the summer of 2013 (in no particular order!).
Feel free to add to the list and share your tips for staying cool in Sanford and area!
Things to do in Sanford FL in the Summer
- Visit one of the Splash Pads (Central Florida’s largest splash pad at Fort Mellon Park (600 East First Street, free every first Friday of the month!) or the tropical splash ground inside the Central FL Zoo)
- Browse through Flea World (America’s largest flea market and it’s ACed!!) (4311 S Orlando Drive)
- Enjoy lunch, dinner or simply one of the many weekly drink specials and live music at Dockside Bar and Grill at Port of Sanford – and dive into the pool to cool off! This is the perfect summer setting and it’s a relaxed atmosphere here! (4380 Carraway Place , Sanford, 407-322-7575)
- Enjoy some ice cream at one of Sanford’s top 3 ice cream places: Sal’s Italian Ice Cream (2521 S. French Avenue), Dairy Queen on Park (2523 Park Drive) or Taste of Thyme Cafe on Magnolia Square (108 S Magnolia Ave, also great for breakfast or try one of their delicious paninis!)
- Swim some laps at the Larry Dale Aquatic Center in Sanford (Olympic size pool!) (2703 Ridgewood Avenue, 407.302.1034)
- Have a cool beer at the Willow Tree Cafe (205 E 1st Street) , The Breezeway (112 E 1st Street) with its awesome courtyard on First Street in Downtown Sanford or if you are a wine drinker at the The Vine of Sanford (307 E 1st Street), Ellen’s Wine Room (440 S Sanford Ave) or Sanford Wine Bar (114 S. Palmetto Ave)
- Have a blast while staying cool at Bounce You in Sanford (3125 S Orlando Dr)
- Have some ice cold margaritas during happy hour at La Sirena Gorda Cabana (118 S Palmetto Avenue) – the outdoor garden dining experience is perfect for those warm summer nights!
- Watch awesome short films in a cool setting. Attend the Summer 2013 Rewind of the Love Your Shorts Festival at Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center on Friday, August 23, 2013 at 8pm.
- Visit one of Sanford’s Museums or Art Galleries
Sanford Museum – 520 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 688-5198
Seminole County Museum – 300 Bush Boulevard, Sanford – (407) 665-2489
Student Museum – 301 West 7th Street, Sanford – (407) 320-0520 – www.scps.k12.fl.us/studentmuseum
Gallery on First – 211 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 323-2774
Jeanine Taylor Folk Art – 211 East 1st Street, Sanford – (407) 323-2774
- Have a romantic dinner cruise with the St Johns Rivership Company (433 N. Palmetto Ave – 321-441-3030)
Alive After Five Street Party (from 5pm to 8pm on First Street in Downtown Sanford, perfect time of the day so it’s not too hot!)
- August 8, 2013 – Football Kickoff
- September 12, 2013 – Motown