As most parents we’re constantly looking for fun places to visit with the kids, and most importantly, a place where they can virtually entertain themselves without us having to run after them the entire time. Those places are hard to find, aren’t they?
Well, we’re happy to report that Sanford now has Altitude, a huge (as in over 30,000 square feet!) indoor trampoline park is now open! It’s the perfect place to have your kids jump off their energy and let them explore new activities (and stunts), as in jumping off a diving board or trapeze swing into a big pool of colorful foam cubes or playing Wipeout as the padded arms of the spinning wheel try to knock them and their friends over.
And that is only the beginning! Altitude is packed with plenty of trampoline activities to keep your kids busy and active. We got to check it out first hand a few weeks ago and were impressed. My friend Kathy and I each deal with two very active boys every day, so hanging out at Altitude almost felt like taking a little break from the daily chaos as we watched the boys having a blast.
One of our favorite attractions was Battle Beam, where kids try to kick off each other from a beam (of course they will only fall on foam). But let’s hear it straight from the boys. We asked them for their verdict after 2 hours of jumping and playing…
Ben (3): This place in FUN
Max (7): “There is enough room to do a front flip on the trampolines. They are so spread out.”
Lukas (5): “I felt like flying. I had butterflies!”
Nicolas (7): “I did so many front flips but never got dizzy.”
Max (7): “Every time I jumped over that thing I said ‘yah-yeet’.”
Click here to see the full list of attractions at Altitude Trampoline Park.
Of course, and you might already be wondering, this fun is not limited to just kids. Adults can jump too and trust me, once you’re a few jumps in, you might just feel like a child again…
- Try to book your time in advance, just in case the time slots are already filled. You don’t want to show up ready to jump and then have to wait…
- Fill in the online waiver before you go to save you time.
- On your first visit you will purchase special jumping socks for $3 (so when you go next time, be sure to bring them with you!)
- You will get a colored wristband based on the amount of time you booked. When your time is up (and I believe no matter what time you choose it will seem too short with all those fun attractions to explore) you will hear an announcement politely reminding you that your time is now up – of course you will be given the option to extend your time at that point.
- There is a generous seating area for anyone who doesn’t want to jump (tables and benches). Concession style food as well as non-alcoholic drinks are available for purchase. For anyone needing some extra relaxation, there is also a station with massage chairs and comfy sofas. So all in all, a great area to hang out and catch up while the kids jump off their energy.
- Group rates are available for 15 or more people.
I met with Brody, General Manager at Altitude Trampoline Park and he told me about their weekly specials, plans for the future and more.
Toddler moms and dads will be excited about this special deal: Monday through Friday from 10am-1pm, toddlers (ages 5 and under) get to jump for just $8.95! Accompanying adults can join them for just $2.95. Can’t beat that type of playdate with your little ones, especially on a rainy (or extremely hot) day! And you might get in some (light) aerobic exercise while spending time with your cuties.
Don’t miss Stories with Santa on December 17 and 19, 2018 during Toddler Time for a jolly good time…
Other weekly events include Friday Light Friendzy and It’s Lit Teen Night (on Saturday) for $25.
Friday Light Friendzy is jump time for all ages from 7pm to 11pm and includes a slice of pizza and bottle of water. It’s the perfect time to hang out while a DJ plays the latest hits!
It’s Lit Teen Night is similar but as the name says geared towards teens. What makes the experience special is that the lights are turned down low and everything, including the trampolines, glows!
As you may have guessed it: of course you can also book a hassle-free (as in everything done for you, just show up) Birthday party at Altitude. There are great options to choose from and prices are very competitive. Check out rates and options here.
Schools can also inquire about Spirit Nights where donations of the proceeds will be donated to the PTA.
We’re happy to have Altitude Trampoline Park in Sanford and can’t wait to go back soon! Rumor has it they will soon be offering fitness classes, too! We think that’s a fabulous idea! If you want to stay up to date about everything that’s happening at Altitude, follow them on Facebook.
Phone: (321) 246-3407