Selfie Contest Rules
PICTURE YOUR “SELFIE” IN SANFORD
A Greater Sanford Regional Chamber of Commerce Contest
Hosted and Promoted by Sanford365, LLC. in collaboration with the City of Sanford
APRIL 1, 2015 – MARCH 31, 2016
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on April 1, 2015 and the submission portion of contest ends on the last day of each month until March 31, 2016.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants and photos submitted.
B. How to Enter: Post a “Selfie” of yourself taken within the boundaries of Sanford, FL and readily identifiable on social media (on Instagram – be sure your profile is public! – or directly to Sanford365 on Facebook, http://Facebook.com/Sanford365 ) that is viewed by others within the dates of the contest using the hash tag #SanfordSelfie.
Photos must be original and taken by the individual who posted it.
Photos must show backgrounds within the boundaries of Sanford (Zip Codes 32771 and 32773)
A “Selfie” is defined as a photo of yourself taken by you at arm’s length or through a mirror.
No “Selfie” photos of questionable content, as determined by the Greater Sanford Regional Chamber of Commerce and generally acceptable good taste for a mixed audience will be accepted and the submitter will be ruled ineligible for that entry. Questionable content could include, but is not limited to: people in various stages of undress, inappropriate gestures or sign language, inappropriate images or text on clothing, inappropriate props, etc…
C. How to Win: All eligible entry photos must be posted on electronic social media beginning April 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM using the hash tag #SanfordSelfie and prior to March 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
Prize(s). The prize(s) that will be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Grand Monthly Prize: $100 Selfie Dollars to spend at select businesses in Sanford and a “selfie stick” (Self-Portrait Handheld Monopod with Bluetooth Remote, a $40 value) donated by Palm Tree Computer Systems of Sanford. In addition to that, sponsors will get creative every month and might include other great prizes for a prize package of up to $300. Click here to find updated information on each month’s sponsors and prizes.
Themed Selfie Prize: A minimum of $50.00 gift or gift certificate donated by a Sanford business. Themed prize winner determined by a minimum 2 week long themed popularity contest on Sanford365’s Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/Sanford365 – any specific rules will be shared each month when themed contest is announced. Selfie with most votes will win prize. Winner will be announced within 24 hours of end of voting period.
PLEASE NOTE: Selfies need to be clearly taken in Sanford, FL. Feel free to add an address or name the place where you took the selfie in the descriptive area or a comment. If your selfie was not taken in Sanford we have the right to delete and thereby disqualify your entry and all accumulated votes.
We also follow a strict NO CHEAT policy. We know the tricks, so if there is any suspicion of foul play your selfie will be disqualified. Please play fair and by the rules!
All participants will be automatically subscribed to the free weekly Sanford365 newsletter to stay updated on contest results and all upcoming contests and Sanford related events. Unsubscribe anytime.
Pre-Holiday Season Grand Prize donated by Palm Tree Computer Systems of Sanford: Out of all selfies entered from April 1st, 2015 to November 30th we will give away a brand new iPad Air (a $350 value!) – Details will be revealed soon so stay tuned!
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be obtained from the Sanford Chamber of Commerce within 30 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. Certain portions of the prize packages are date specific and the winner must redeem prior to the date or forfeit that portion of the package. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Chamber reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents, at least 13-years old, as determined by the Chamber. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, the Chamber reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to any minor. You may enter more than one “Selfie”. However, the Chamber will only select one “Selfie” from that person for prize award.
Employees of the Chamber and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Contest Judging. By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. All decisions of the judge(s) are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Chamber and Sanford365, LLC. exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Chamber may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Chamber or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Chamber is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Chamber and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Chamber a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any claims of liability against the Chamber, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Chamber.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Chamber, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize, which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Chamber with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Chamber will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Chamber personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Chamber will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Chamber’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Chamber, the Chamber reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Chamber deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Chamber and are final. The Chamber may waive any of these rules at its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Chamber reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Chamber’s release form to claim the prize. The Chamber may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Chamber disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Chamber during normal business hours or visit the Chamber’s website. All entries become the property of the Chamber and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Chamber shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.