Museum of Seminole County History
Sanford, FL 32773 United States 407-665-2489 http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/parks-recreation/museum-of-seminole-county-history/
EXPERIENCE THE HISTORY OF SEMINOLE COUNTY!
The Museum highlights Seminole County, the historical gateway to interior Central Florida via the St. John’s River. All artifacts housed in the Museum have been donated by residents.
Exhibits, artifacts, maps, documents, photographs and special events all tell the stories of Seminole County’s inhabitants, their lives, lineages and local legends. Join us for an engaging tour through the past that includes
- Native American Indian artifacts
- Early Forts and Settlements
- The development of railroads and steamship transportation
- Agriculture and industries of the region
- 19th and 20th Century Decorative Arts
- Life in Seminole County towns in the 1800s and 1900s
- The Old Folks Home (built in 1926)
- Research materials and maps
- Traveling Exhibits
- Seminole County Historical Society
Traveling exhibits are special exhibits that are offered in addition to the permanent collection for a limited time. Check the announcements section of the Leisure Services website for details on these changing exhibits.
HOURS OF OPERATION
$3.21 Adults (tax included)
$1.07 Children 4-18 and students (tax included)
Children under 4 admitted free
Self-guided Tours are available on request with admission.
1:00PM to 5:00PM
9:00AM to 1:00PM
- There were no results found.