Love Your Shorts Film Festival February 2012
After our “little” vacation I am psyched to be back in time to attend the Love Your Shorts Film Festival in Sanford.
Needless to say, I am really proud that Sanford has its own film festival – and a very good one on top of that! I was lucky to be able to attend last year’s event (lucky because my little N arrived before his due date so at the time of the event he was almost a month old and I could leave him with grandma): a great beginning for many more festivals to come! Last year’s event location was the Chamber of Commerce building on First Street, this year the event moves to an even bigger location: the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center on Magnolia Avenue. The setting alone promises to make this year’s event an even bigger hit! I can’t wait to see the “shorts” in a real movie theater setting and spend a fun evening downtown Sanford after the movies.
Here is a little more info:
- Festival will take place from February 10-12, 2012 in Sanford, FL at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center on 203 South Magnolia Avenue
- Friday, February 10th at 7pm marks the opening night, followed by the opening party (by invitation only) at 9pm.
- Movies will be a maximum length of 30 minutes and will be displayed in blocks of 90 minutes each.
- Saturday, February 11 will feature categories like “E” for Everyone, Documentary, Drama, Comedy and Sci-Fi / Horror from 10am to 9pm (movie starts at that time).
- The free to attend film makers panel will take place at 4pm on Saturday
- Sunday, February 12 will feature categories Animation, Florida Flavor from 1pm to 3pm (movie starts at that time)
- The Best of the Festival event will start at 7pm on Sunday. If you can’t attend any other of the event blocks, this is the one you don’t want to miss. Moreover, rumor has it there will be food trucks in town that evening, so make it a fun night out with movies and delicious food samples before and after the event.
- Check out all official selections here to prepare yourself for the movie blocks
- Pricing: $8 per movie block, $2 for the “E” movie block, and $58 for a weekend pass
- Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.