Wrong Year? Click here to browse the big 2015 Valentine’s Day Event Guide!
Romantic Spots and Things to Do in Sanford for Valentine’s Day
February 14th is Valentine’s Day and you might be soon looking for romantic things to do here in Sanford. Below are some of our best date ideas in Sanford FL and most romantic spots in town. Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you have any other date ideas or would like to add to my list, please do so by commenting below! I am always excited to hear from you 🙂
Yes, not the most creative date idea, but going to the movies still ranks high among love birds – and even better, taking your sweetheart to a movie festival, red carpet included. The Love Your Shorts Film Festival, an annual short film festival held at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center in Sanford, is slowly becoming one of the most popular events in town. Opening night this year falls on Valentine’s Day. Check out more info at www.LoveYourShorts.com
Theatre & Music & Art
Another date idea is taking your Valentine to an art event, the theatre or to a music concert (of course, just as above, there’s always the optional romantic dinner or lunch for two to add to the date). The Princess Theater will be showing a performance of The Wizard of Oz onValentine’s Day at 7:30pm. Click here for more info.
How about a visit at one of Sanford’s many Art Galleries? Just walk down First Street Downtown and you will stumble upon a lot of beautiful and local art!
Dinner Date Ideas in Sanford FL
Below is a list of our Top 3 romantic restaurants and spots in downtown Sanford.
- La Sirena Gorda Cabana: The garden of this quaint and very romantic Mexican restaurant is ideal for a candlelight dinner. (118 South Palmetto Ave)
- The Breezeway: Another romantic outdoor dining spot in downtown Sanford, we just love the covered courtyard! (112 East 1st Street)
- Marco Dino’s: Quaint Italian restaurant with great food right on Magnolia Square. (107 South Magnolia Ave)
Walk in the Park
Low budget? No problem. Sanford has at least three great locations for a romantic afternoon or evening stroll or even a picnic, making it the perfect spot for “low budget” date ideas:
- Sanford Riverwalk: What could be more romantic than a walk along beautiful Lake Monroe? Enjoy the sunset from the swings along the Riverwalk.
- Centennial Park: Another romantic spot is Centennial Park on Park Avenue. Sit down in the pavilion and just enjoy being with your love. After that you can stroll through the streets of historic Sanford and spend some time in the city’s past… (300 N Park Ave)
- Fort Mellon Park: How about a picnic in the park? Just bring a blanket, your favorite drinks and food and sit down on the lawn with beautiful views of Lake Monroe. (600 East 1st Street)
Creative Date Ideas in Sanford FL
Want to stand out with a more unique evening for your Valentine? Try one of the following date ideas in Sanford FL:
- Visit the Planetarium at Seminole State College in Sanford to gaze at the stars. This year’s Valentine’s Day related show is “Love Stories from the Night Sky” shown on February 13, 14, and 15 at 8:30pm (3 romantic stories from the night sky – more info at www.seminolestate.edu/planet/
- Take your Sweetheart on a boat ride on Lake Monroe. Check out www.boattreemarina.com/rentals.asp to rent a boat and spend some romantic hours out on the St Johns River.
- Rivership Cruise: How about a Moonlight Cruise on Lake Monroe in Sanford? The St. Johns Rivership Company offers a special dinner and dance cruise for Valentine’s Day. Call 321-441-3030 to make a reservation or visit stjohnsrivershipco.com
Claudia, thanks for the great job you do with Sanford365.
Thank you so much Tommy, I really appreciate your comment 🙂